Monday, August 10, 2009

Joshua 10:25

Saturday's Scripture for Scripture Saturday is none other than Joshua 10:25. I do not think this verse had ever spoken so powerfully to me than it has since the death of my Uncle in June due to brain cancer.
I am only going to explain part of the verse, in hopes that you will look at the rest of it on your own. My uncle John and I were very close so this scripture was a difficult page to make on the scrapbooking side of my world (Softangelkisses). I have not done any journaling on the page yet except the verse. Perhaps one day I will be able to write my journaling on there, if not, I think the verse sums it all up. He was very strong and courageous all throughout his fight with brain cancer. He battled it over 4 years before going home to be with the Lord. Very strong and courageous if you ask me for a brain cancer that the medical field only gives a year life expectancy for!!
The section of the verse I am talking about today is the "Be strong and very courageous"! If you look at the particulars of this verse, at first you may think that God is not speaking to us in it, and only talking of the situation occurring in the Bible at that time. We have to know however that we do not serve a God of fear, we serve a loving God who not only wants us to be strong and very courageous, but also gives us the power to do just that!
Proving that He gives us that power, you can look over into the book of Philippians where we are told "I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me."
Have a wonderfully blessed Monday!
God Bless You,
Mary

No comments: