Saturday, August 1, 2009

1 Samuel 1:27

Today is Scripture Saturday over at my paper crafting blog Softangelkisses, as well as over at Christian Paper Crafts. Be sure to check them both out, and if you are a paper crafter, you may also want to peep in at His Princess because there is some grand opening blog candy going to be given away there...

For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him. - 1 Samuel 1:27
What a powerful testimony of prayer we have here that can be used in the lives of so many today. In my life personally, I can attest to this. When I was pregnant with my (now 2 year old) daughter Abigail, if something could go wrong, it almost seemed as if it did. I know that it was not that bad and could have been much worse, but our difficult time was with the pregnancy rather than the delivery.
While pregnant with Abby, my labs came back that she had a 1 in 10 chance of having Down's Syndrome. In the world of medicine, those are some pretty high numbers. Many women I had spoken with had gotten false positive results of 1 in 1,000 or1 in 5,000, but nope, ours was 1 in 10.
Before we go on, please let me make it clear that if she would have had Down's Syndrome, we would have still had her, loved her no less. It was all of the complications that we were being bogged down with such as heart disease, intestinal complications, spinal cord complications, that were our biggest fears.
Throughout this difficult pregnancy we prayed and prayed and when Abby was born very healthy, we knew beyond a shadow of a doubt He who healed her!

God Bless You,
Mary

No comments: